Use the quick links below for more information about:
Shipping / Details for International Customers / Customs Charges
Order cancellations or changes
Items damaged in transit / Lost or delayed packages
- Payment Terms:
- We accept payments made by Visa/Mastercard/American Express/Discover cards, Paypal, bank wire transfer, or by check or money order. Please contact us if you wish to pay by another method; we are happy to consider your request.
- For credit card payments where your shipping address is different than the credit card billing address, we may call your billing phone number to verify your order before shipping. Occasionally some international credit card orders will be delayed for several days while we verify security information.
- We reserve the right to decline an order, or a payment method, for any reason.
- To place an order via check or money order, please contact us. There will be a $25 fee for returned checks.
- For orders that have been approved for purchase on credit terms: Please pay invoices promptly; we appreciate your timely payment. Please contact us with any questions about invoices prior to the due date. Balances over 30 days past due will accrue interest at a rate of 2% per month. Customers will be responsible for all collection costs and attorney's fees accrued in connection with delinquent accounts.
- Return Policy:
We want you to be happy with your order! If for any reason you wish to return an item you have purchased from us, you may do so within 14 days, subject to the following conditions:
(A) Customer must first contact us and receive a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
(B) The item must be shipped back to us, at customer's expense, no later than 14 days after delivery. The item must be properly packaged, and be insured for the full amount of its purchase value. Safe return of the item is customer's responsibility.
(C) The item must be in its original working condition. If applicable, item casing must not have been opened, and any serial numbers must match our records. New items must be returned in new condition. Factory or other seals on items and packaging must be intact. If a new item has been used, opened, or otherwise modified, we will not be obligated to approve the return, or we may issue a higher restocking fee. This is because the retail price of many items, once used, may be significantly lower than for identical new items.
(D) Once the item is received, inspected, and approved for return, a refund will be issued less original shipping cost and a 15% restocking fee.
(E) If an item is delivered in non-functioning condition:
- Customer must notify us within two (2) days of delivery to qualify for a refund or exchange.
- Our return policy is not a warranty and so does not cover items that arrive in working condition and fail after use. This is to help prevent returns of items that were misused or damaged after delivery.
- Customer must not attempt to repair or modify an item.
- Upon authorization, customer must re-ship the package within 3 business days. Customer is responsible for return shipping costs (we may reimburse these costs on a case-by-case basis).
- If we have another in stock, a replacement will be shipped free of charge. At our option, or if a replacement is not available, we will instead issue a refund.
We take great care to ensure that customers are unlikely to experience any such inconvenience (please read "Is this equipment tested?" in our FAQ).
(F) A small number of items in our store are not returnable, and are explicitly described as such in the item description. These items cannot be returned under any circumstance.
(G) If an item has been damaged by the customer, no refund will be issued or exchange made.
(H) Less common circumstances: (1) If customer requests shipping to a freight forwarder, the delivery date is considered to be the date delivered to the forwarder. (2) If there is a delivery delay caused by the customer, or if customer arranges transport and tracking information is not available, the delivery date will be considered to be the typical estimated delivery date by common carrier, and in no case longer than 15 days.
Please contact us for help, or with any questions. Also see our FAQ.
- Sales Tax:
Sales tax will be added for purchases delivered in California. If you are a CA reseller and your order is sales tax exempt, please contact us in advance and we will subtract tax from your order.
- We aim to process and ship your order as quickly as possible. If you have selected an express shipping option, in most cases your order will be shipped within one business day. Most other orders are shipped within two business days following payment approval.
- All prepaid shipments are trackable and include insurance or "declared value" coverage, when available. International customers please be aware that while USPS (mail service) insurance or declared value coverage is available to most countries, in many cases it is limited to relatively low amounts, and is not available to some destinations. For high value shipments we recommend (or may require) UPS or other commercial carrier. We are not responsible for any gap in insurance or declared value coverage.
- We can ship using your UPS/Fedex/DHL or other shipping account, subject to prior approval. A packaging/handling fee will apply for some items. Any unpaid shipping charges billed back to us will be subject to a 15% chargeback fee, plus any applicable late fees and finance charges.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all shipments are either subject to EXW or FCA (Incoterms 2010) terms (from our warehouse).
- We are not responsible for lost, delayed, or damaged packages, but will be happy to provide reasonable assistance in filing a claim with the shipping carrier, see details below.
- The customer is responsible for any shipping carrier charges that result from the customer providing an incorrect address, or from the customer not being present to accept delivery.
- Local pickup is normally not available, but we will make exceptions under some circumstances. Please contact us to inquire.
- Certain bulky or heavy items must be shipped via freight carrier. If applicable, this will be explicitly mentioned in the item listing. You must contact us directly to arrange for transport of such items.
- If you are paying by check, shipment may be held until funds clear.
- Details for International Customers / Customs Charges:
- International customers please note that you may be billed for customs charges or duty fees by your government and/or the shipping company upon delivery of items. We are not responsible for payment of such charges. Please check with your local customs or postal authority for information regarding these fees. The value we declare on customs forms for your items will be your purchase price.
- International orders can be shipped via the postal service by express mail or priority mail international, and can also be shipped to many countries via UPS worldwide service. For larger orders, it may be more economical to ship by air freight carrier. Please contact us to inquire about rates. Typical delivery times are 3-8 business days for express mail, or 6-14 business days for priority mail international. Please see www.ups.com to review delivery times for UPS services to your country. We are not responsible for lost, delayed, or damaged packages, but will be happy to provide reasonable assistance in filing an insurance/declared value claim, including sending you copies of shipping documents so that you may inquire at your local post office, see details.
- Item Condition:
- Some items are new, some are RFE (removed from new/unused equipment), and some have been used. The condition is clearly displayed in the item description. For clarity, used items are also marked as used in the item title. Used items are in very good to excellent aesthetic condition unless otherwise mentioned.
- Most items have been subject to a simple power-on test and/or visual inspection. For more information, please read "Is this equipment tested?" in our FAQ. This is meant to help ensure that items are in good salable condition. However, such inspection is not sufficient to verify conformity to manufacturer specifications or functionality, or to test calibration.
- We cannot guarantee that any item will conform to manufacturer's specifications. However, most items are covered by our return policy. Please note that if an item is delivered in non-functioning condition, the customer must notify us within two (2) days of delivery to qualify for a refund or exchange (read our return policy for more information).
- Because we often have more than one of any particular item in stock, the item purchased may vary slightly from the picture in our online store.
- Order Cancellations or Changes:
If you wish to cancel or change an order you have just placed, please contact us immediately. We strive to ship orders quickly, so many orders will ship or be processed the same day the order has been placed, sometimes the same hour. In such cases it may not be possible to cancel or change an order even if we are notified promptly. Once processed and/or shipped, your order is subject to our return policy, and cannot be canceled or modified.
- Items Damaged In Transit / Lost Or Delayed Packages:
Upon receipt of your merchandise, please inspect it carefully as to contents and condition. All claims for items damaged in transit, as well as missing items, must be reported to us and to the carrier within two (2) business days of delivery (contact us). For freight shipments, customer must inspect the shipment before signing for delivery, and note any visible damage on the delivery receipt. In the unlikely event a package arrives having been damaged in transit, the customer must save all packaging materials until the problem has been resolved, and must not attempt to repair the item(s). It is the responsibility of the customer to cooperate in a timely manner with both us and the carrier to proceed with a carrier investigation. The carrier may wish to inspect the package, and according to their policy, will settle the claim.
If a package is lost or delayed in transit, the customer must notify both us and the carrier promptly. The shipping cost for delayed packages covered by a carrier delivery guarantee will be refunded to the customer subject to the carrier's policy; we are not responsible to refund the shipping cost if the carrier declines the request.
Customer agrees to be bound by the carrier's decision in any claim, with any reimbursement for losses bound by the carrier's accepted liability and payment. If the customer requested billing to their own shipping account please be aware that the shipping terms are always FCA or EXW from our warehouse - (Incoterms 2010). This means that if the customer did not request insurance or declared value coverage (requests must be received by contact form, email, in writing, or arranged directly with your carrier), then the customer bears the full risk of lost or damaged packages. We are not responsible for errors relating to such requests (such as, but not limited to, non-delivery of email or other communication).
Please also see the shipping section, above.
- Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification, Revisions to Terms, Miscellaneous
Disclaimer of Warranty:
Limitation of Liability / No Consequential Damages:
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend TheElectrostore.com / Tesla Systems Research Inc, its officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, contractors or suppliers (collectively, "Tesla Systems Research") from and against any and all liability, loss, claim, damages, expense, or cost (including but not limited to attorneys' fees), incurred by or made against Tesla Systems Research in connection with any claim arising from or related to your use of the web site or your use or purchase of any item.
Revisions to terms:
Governing Law, Miscellaneous:
- Prices, specifications, and availability of all items are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for typographical errors.
DATE OF LAST MODIFICATION
May 27, 2018
We thank you for your interest in our items, and welcome any questions.